Following the dream...running a business as a stay at home mom, navigating the fashion industry, sharing resources, promoting like minded people and businesses

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A handmade Christmas, heartfelt memories

I was so excited to close up shop 4 days before Christmas this year and make presents for my family.  Finally I would have time for those side projects that swim in my head while I am working on orders. 

My list was short and sweet:
A bathrobe for my daughter Marlise, with pockets of course.
and
A Hot pink faux fur and black and white damask blanket for my sister Alicia

But once I finished these I added in 2 dolls for Alicia and Marlise and 2 faux fur bone chew toys for Sam and Chloe who would be joining us for the holidays.  Sam is my parent's golden lab and Chloe is my brother's Maltese.

I have never enjoyed gift giving so much!  Here are a few pics to share the love with you!

Straight for the pockets.  Now that she's two the first question I get every time she gets dressed is "does it have pockets".  If it doesn't have pockets she invents them.
Alicia's blanket turned out so nice I almost wanted to keep it.  I guess I can make my own though. ;) Look at that smile!  She loved it!
That's Marlise and a sneak peek at Sunshine, kangacoo's first doll.

Marlise and Chloe.  Marlise got a kiss for the bone chew toy.  I don't mind letting her take the credit.  I'm not big on dog kisses.
Sam loved her bone too!  She pranced around the living room with it in her mouth shaking her head around like a ferocious beast, far from the sweet girl she is but we enjoyed the show.

Making presents this year was such an enjoyable memory for me and knowing my gifts will be cherished for a lifetime makes my heart sing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment