Following the dream...running a business as a stay at home mom, navigating the fashion industry, sharing resources, promoting like minded people and businesses

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Cereal Fairy

Today I had the opportunity to revisit the corporate world and my old Boss and while it was great to say hello it really reminded me of how I am living the dream now.  My dream.  While I am not making as much money as I used to (yet), and I certainly don't have an office to leave my work at, I am doing it all my way.  I am exercising my creative outlets and I am staying home to raise my daughter; two luxuries I don't take for granted.

Things look pretty different in my new life.  I went from suits and high rises to sweats and suburbs.  Breaktime consists of well...NEVER.  And while I run a business I keep tabs on a toddler with one eye.  Multitasking to the max doesn't always work out.  For example, last month I was trying to get some fabric cut while Marlise played in the tupperware cupboard.  I was 10 feet away and could hear her but had my back turned.  Then a loud noise that could only be...
 THE CEREAL FAIRY!
I turned around to hide my smile and composed myself.  Then I faced her with my sternest mommy face and said, "you clean this up before I come back or you are in trouble!"  Back to finish cutting; I had to clean the floors anyway.  A few minutes later I am done and back in the kitchen to check on her progress.  I walk in and gasp, "What are you doing?!?!"  "Eating blueberries, Mommy." she replied with a smile.
A day at the office could never trump this.  Living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment