Following the dream...running a business as a stay at home mom, navigating the fashion industry, sharing resources, promoting like minded people and businesses

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Handmade Humpday:What to wear with that dress?

So today is now deemed Handmade Humpday! 
It is a weekly special that will inform you and inspire you!  Handmade ain't what it used to be...wait until you see the talent that lies in your own backyard (or at your finger tips)!! 

A few facts about Handmade items:
The quality is high because each item is made with care and pride.
The item is unique, won't find this at _____ fill in the blank with your favorite retail chain.
The item is reasonably priced.  Really!  I'll prove it to you!

In this post I will highlight some great items from my online Etsykids handmade community that coordinate with my dresses in my Etsy shop.  www.kangacoo.etsy.com   In addition I have asked the artist what they love most about running a handmade business.  Be sure to stop by their Etsy shops using the links provided to see all the great things they create! 

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

If you are still waiting on your daughters hair to grow in you will relate to why I love these clips.  Perfect for short hair and they don't slip.  Not to mention they are dah-ling and you get 5 for under $7! These would go great with any of my kangacoo dresses! Actually if you visit her shop you will find a clip or bow to match anything in your little one's closet!
Listing: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=47264600


I love the pink ones here with my Black Floral Suri Dress
These clips are made by Sunshineshoppe: My favorite thing about having a handmade business is creating new, fashionable products. I love designing new clip sets and love hearing feedback from my customers. I have many moms send me pictures of their little girls wearing my clips. It is awesome to think that something I created is bringing joy to another family across the country! http://www.etsy.com/shop/sunshineshoppe


For a little girl sometimes the best accessory is a great toy.  Here are some little dolls I have fallen in love with!  I know you will too!
These dolls and many others you have to check out at her site are by peanutbutterbandit: What is your favorite thing about having a handmade business? I love the creativity and freedom it gives me. I'm the boss so I can take my designs in any direction I choose http://www.etsy.com/shop/peanutbutterbandit


Next up is not really an accessory to wear with my dresses (unless you call a little brother an accessory) but these onsies with ties are so cute and coordinate so well with my Marli dress I had to share!  Did I mention they are a steal at $7 each?

Goes so well with kangacoo's Zebra Marli Dress
http://www.etsy.com/listing/46536464/cheetah-print-tie-ss-gerber-onesie-3-6

Goes great with kangacoo's Leopard Marli Dress

These onsies are by Bellasweetboutique:  I feel my shop gives children's clothes that special handmade touch you just can't buy at the department store. I try to keep my prices reasonable, so that everyone can afford my clothes.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/bellassweetboutique

Speaking of my Leopard Marli dress...here is a splurge that would go great with it!  A girl needs her sparkles!  Be sure to check Dara43's shop for more colors and styles.
Listing: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13745964

These shoes are by dara43:  I was a court reporter for 25 years and had too many back and neck problems, so at least with my home-based business I can work at home and it's less stress on my neck and back, although it's much more time-consuming. I have teen-age boys and a very supportive husband. I run this business solely by myself and have no help, so I have to be very disciplined. I work over 15 hours a day 7 days a week and my family has put up with me, so that's been a true blessing. I often tend to put my customer's needs before myself, and I have to start to find a balance and a happy medium, which I hope to in the near future.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/dara43

That's it for this week folks.  Hope I've inspired you to buy handmade next time you shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment